The department of Skin & STD is providing
complete clinical outdoor and indoor treatment
facilities to all the patients. The medicines are being
provided to patients with the help of State Govt. budget
especially to the poor BPL patients and pensioners. The
specialized radio surgery, dermabrasion, PUVA therapy
and laser therapy are going to be started in the
department very soon.
Achievements, Publication &
1. Dermatology Excellence Award – 2004.
2. Appreciation Award, Shri Chitragupta Mahasabha,
3. Appreciation Award, Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol
4. MAMS - National academy of Medical sciences – 2009.
5. Bharat Jyoti Award- 2011.
6. Glory of India Gold Medal- 2011.
7. Oration Award, Indian Association of DVL, 2012.
8. Fellowship (FIAD), Indian Academy of Dermatology,
9. State honor, AIDS Society & CG Government, 2012.
Research & Publication -
a).Nigam A, Nigam PK. Citation Index and Impact factor.
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2012; 78: 511-516.
b). Nigam PK. Desmogleins: Hair perspectives. Internat J
Trichology 2013; 1:2-5.
Various scientific research & project works have been
carried out in the department in the last 24 years, More
than 20 thesis have been submitted under the quidance of
Dr. P.K. Nigam by the post- graduate medical students.
Dr. P.K. Nigam has published more than 40 papers in
National and more than 10 papers in the International
journals of dermatology & his name has been referenced
in the latest edition of the department. Recently Prof.
Dr. P.K. Nigam was awarded National oration award and
hon. Fellowship (FID) by Indian academy of
dermatologsist in 2012 Dr. P.K. Nigam has also been
short-listed for the post of Director, AIIMS under PMSSY.